Is the NJ/DE Digital Collective right for your organization?
Review our FAQ to learn more about what the NJ/DE Digital Collective is and how it works.
First Step: NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist
Review the NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist below to determine if you meet the guidelines. [Adapted from PA Digital Readiness Checklist].
- Do you have digital collections that are publicly available? If not, please check back for forthcoming digitization project planning and implementation resources.
- Is your institution willing and able to sign the NJ/DE Digital Collective Contributor Agreement, agreeing to contribute your metadata to the DPLA under a CC0 license?
- Are your digital collections (images, texts, audio, video, etc.) available on a publicly accessible collections management system?
- Do the digital collections that you wish to share meet the DPLA’s current Collection Development Guidelines? The DPLA currently does not accept the following:
- Most scholarly material (e.g., electronic theses, dissertations, and journal articles).
- Finding aids or archival collection guides (e.g., EAD files)
- Items that do not resolve to a publicly accessible URL (e.g., embargoed, hidden, or restricted files)
- Does your Content Management System (CMS) have a way of sharing your collection metadata, for example through an OAI-PMH feed, API, xml export, or CSV file? (If you are unsure, please contact us.)
- Do each of the records in your collection include a unique title field and a valid rights statement? See the NJ/DE Digital Collective Metadata Guidelines for further information on the DPLA requirements.
- Does your system store preview/thumbnail images of the objects in your collection?
- Are you able to provide a link back to the record on your local site for each of your records? (This link allows the DPLA portal to point back to each object in its local context.)
- Do you have a staff member who can work with NJ/DE Digital Collective staff to address any issues related to sharing your collection metadata with the DPLA?
Next Step: NJ/DE Digital Collective Onboarding Questionnaire
After reviewing the NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist, fill out out the NJ/DE Digital Collective Onboarding Questionnaire. The questions in this form will help us get to know your organization and collection so that we can work with you to create a road map for this project. Please fill out each question to the best of your ability. If you don’t know an answer to a question or if it doesn’t apply to you, just leave it blank. After you submit the form, we will contact you to set up an initial meeting.