Is the NJ/DE Digital Collective right for your organization?
Review our FAQ to learn more about what the NJ/DE Digital Collective is and how it works.
First Step: NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist
Review the NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist below to determine if you meet the guidelines. [Adapted from PA Digital Readiness Checklist].
- Do you have digital collections that are publicly available? If not, please check back for forthcoming digitization project planning and implementation resources.
- Is your institution willing and able to sign the NJ/DE Digital Collective Contributor Agreement, agreeing to contribute your metadata to the DPLA under a CC0 license?
- Are your digital collections (images, texts, audio, video, etc.) available on a publicly accessible collections management system?
- Do the digital collections that you wish to share meet the DPLA’s current Collection Development Guidelines? The DPLA currently does not accept the following:
- Most scholarly material (e.g., electronic theses, dissertations, and journal articles).
- Finding aids or archival collection guides (e.g., EAD files)
- Items that do not resolve to a publicly accessible URL (e.g., embargoed, hidden, or restricted files)
- Does your Content Management System (CMS) have a way of sharing your collection metadata, for example through an OAI-PMH feed, API, xml export, or CSV file? (If you are unsure, please contact us.)
- Do each of the records in your collection include a unique title field and a valid rights statement? See the NJ/DE Digital Collective Metadata Guidelines for further information on the DPLA requirements.
- Does your system store preview/thumbnail images of the objects in your collection?
- Are you able to provide a link back to the record on your local site for each of your records? (This link allows the DPLA portal to point back to each object in its local context.)
- Do you have a staff member who can work with NJ/DE Digital Collective staff to address any issues related to sharing your collection metadata with the DPLA?
Next Step: NJ/DE Digital Collective Onboarding Questionnaire
After reviewing the NJ/DE Digital Collective Digital Readiness Checklist, fill out out the NJ/DE Digital Collective Onboarding Questionnaire. The questions in this form will help us get to know your organization and collection so that we can work with you to create a road map for this project. Please fill out each question to the best of your ability. If you don’t know an answer to a question or if it doesn’t apply to you, just leave it blank. After you submit the form, we will contact you to set up an initial meeting.
We are working through interested organizations on a first-come, first-served basis as hub staff schedules allow. If you are in the process of becoming a contributor, you can see where you are in the queue here: